We have been inundated on the news, social media, and at work with the statistics of locations of the virus outbreaks, the number of cases and number of deaths. The President of the United States declared this outbreak as a Pandemic on March 13, 2020. Our hearts break when we learn of the deaths and how this virus has no borders, ethnicity nor age limits. It’s sad to see and experience this “social/physical distancing” at work, church, schools, and many businesses, including restricting travel and hotel stays. This global pandemic can lead to depression, isolation and hopelessness; but, I have good news: God is still in control!
Before I list COVID-19 information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, I want to encourage you with these scriptures (KJV):
Psalms 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
Psalms 91:10-11 “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Lamentations 3:22-23 “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
Philippians 4:6-7 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
It’s Time to:
- Learn how to minister outside of the church walls;
- Check on our elderly, neighbors and family members;
- Encourage one another with kindness and uplifting words;
- Seek God for a closer relationship by digging deeper into His word; and
- Thank God for all the blessings you have in your life!
It’s not a time to be fearful or anxious! We are at peace knowing that the Blood of Jesus has been spread on our doorposts, covering our entire households. Remember to tune into your favorite online Church services for Sunday and Weekday Bible Study sessions.
The symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Coughing (constant)
- Fever (100+)
- Difficulty breathing – shortness of breath (severe cases)
Here are things you can do to prevent illness:
- Avoid close contact with people. (Treat others outside of your household as if they are potentially ill – and leave at least six feet distance).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow fold.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, contact your doctor and follow their instructions. DO NOT go directly to the emergency room unless instructed.
For more information, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Lastly, remember to be aware and adhere to your National/State’s new mandates to stay at home (except for medical or food/necessity purchases).
May the Peace of God be with You Always!