PREPARE: TOMORROW IS COMING!!When I think about the things Mary and Joseph went through prior to the birth of Jesus, it appeared that there was no prep time at all. It is so comforting to know that God already had everything planned. But we must prepare our hearts and minds to greet each new tomorrow whether it is in this life or eternity. God said, “For I Know the Plans I Have For You” ( Jer 29:11, KJV)
With respect to our theme of preparing for tomorrow, we want to acknowledge an author who is the epitome of the Teachable Moments Magazine motto: “Timely connections to life’s lessons.” From the TM Magazine Editor and Staff, we say “thank you” to Elder Jerome Woods for being a consistent (prepared) contributor for the Magazine every quarter since March 2016. Elder Woods, your perspectives on life and keen wisdom have been well-regarded by our readership throughout the years. TM Magazine would like to bless you with a $100 gift certificate in appreciation of your faithfulness. We look forward to your continued support in sharing your teachable moments.
As we dig into this quarter’s Edition, we are excited to welcome two new authors to the team: Meechie Jefferis and Elder Matthew E. Thompson, Sr. Here is our line up for December:
- Meechie Jefferis ~ sheds light on the fact that “…no one talks about how to avoid the aftermath of looming, growing debt as a result of holiday shopping.”
- Elder Matthew E. Thompson, Sr. ~ encourages us to be prepared and breaks down the timeline for the coming of Our Savior.
- Brian J. Smalls, Esq. ~ shares the importance of preparing for the future inheritance of our children and grandchildren.
- Florencia C. Robertson ~ gives us healthy tips to reduce the stress of preparation. She profoundly states, “The brokenness of failure offers building blocks for the future; use them.”
- Elder Jerry Woods ~ cautions us that “taking a few moments to review the previous year should not be an opportunity for self-flagellation or defeatism.”
If the inspirations and expertise of our authors in this last Edition for 2019 touched your hearts in a special way, please let us know by providing comments on the individual articles.
Merry Christmas and have a Blessed and Prosperous New Year!