What’s in Your Toolbox?

When you purchase a car, there are some standard items that you should not have to ask the salesman for. For example, doors, turn signal, steering wheel and seats…the basics. And then there are optional items, automatic start, lane assist, heated seats, and soft close doors. The car can come with standard options or come fully equipped, but it does not matter if the fuel tank is without gas. The same applies to us as Christians. Many give themselves the title “Christian” but aren’t filled with the right gas, LOVE.

In the KJV Bible, LOVE is mentioned over 300 times. There are 365 days in a year, that means even if you slipped up and forgot to show LOVE for 65 days out of the year, you would still be operating with love 82% of the time. Look, the last time I checked, that is a passing grade. The way some folks act, let’s be thankful for God’s grace during the other 18% of the time (LOL). When you read God’s word you have to understand that detail and word placement matter. In 1 Corinthians 13, it speaks on love in great detail starting with verse 4. God is specific on what love is and most importantly what it is not. Let’s start with what love is not. Love is not envious, boastful, proud, dishonest, self-seeking, easily angered, doesn’t keep records of wrongs and doesn’t delight in evil. When you take a look in your toolbox, how many of those items are there? How many times do you reach for the wrong tool to satisfy your flesh and regret that you did not pick love instead? Some of you pick the wrong tool even in dealing with yourself. STOP IT! How can you show love when you do not even love you?

I challenge you, for the next twenty-one days to pick love out of your toolbox and watch how things shift in your life. Oh, did you want to know what love is? Love is patient, love is kind…rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NLT

LOVE WINS EVERY TIME!

The following two tabs change content below.
Keona Ellerbe
Keona Ellerbe is a wife, mother of four children and on a mission to seek and serve God’s people. She graduated from Virginia State University with a B.S. in Pre-Med Biology. Served as a nurse for several years before transitioning into the Government. After almost a decade, she realized that she was allergic to bosses and fired hers. After leaving her job, she started Redesign of U to become the solution to breaking through mental barriers, to redesign individual lives. She’s an Author, International Speaker and Redesign Coach™. Keona is truly thankful and grateful to have found her calling to serve God’s people by empowering them to get off the carousel and design the life they deserve to live. For more insight on what I LOVE to do. Please visit www.redesignofu.com.
Keona Ellerbe

Latest posts by Keona Ellerbe (see all)

Top