Teachable Moments Magazine
March 2019 Edition ~ Artist Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who submit an entry by 10:00 PM EST March 22, 2019 and who are 8 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Teachable Moments Magazine as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted by email starting March 1, 2019 and ending March 22, 2019 10:00 PM EST. Voting will take place on the Teachable Moments Magazine Contest Page starting 8:00 AM EST March 25, 2019 and ending 10:00 PM EST March 29, 2019.
- How to Enter: The Contestant must complete the required information, submit an original drawing and send by email. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Teachable Moments Magazine. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Teachable Moments Magazine.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive prizes valued at $25 – $100 such as free concert tickets; dinner for two, or gift cards. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Teachable Moments Magazine. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Teachable Moments Magazine’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Teachable Moments Magazine to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by readership vote under the supervision of Teachable Moments Magazine. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Teachable Moments Magazine shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT TEACHABLE MOMENTS MAGAZINE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Teachable Moments Magazine, anyone acting on behalf of Teachable Moments Magazine, and Teachable Moments Magazine’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Teachable Moments Magazine. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Teachable Moments Magazine from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Teachable Moments Magazine may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Teachable Moments Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Teachable Moments Magazine’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Teachable Moments Magazine may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Teachable Moments Magazine. Teachable Moments Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Teachable Moments Magazine has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Teachable Moments Magazine reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Teachable Moments Magazine and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND STATE OF MARYLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Maryland having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: Winners’ names will be posted to the Teachable Moments Magazine site https://mag.teachablemomentspress.com/march-2019-artist-contest/.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Teachable Moments Magazine: 6030 Marshalee Drive, #175, Elkridge, MD 21075, 443.251.2911.
- Facebook: The Contest hosted by Teachable Moments Magazine is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By signing and inserting the date below, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Contestant/Legal Guardian Name(s)